This post was last updated on August 23rd, 2016 at 11:22 am
Deadline: March 15, 2017
Eligibility: Must have experienced a health-related issue – not necessarily a chronic illness – documented by a physician, which lasted at least six months and impaired the individual’s ability to pursue his or her education.
- Graduating seniors or former graduates of any high school in the state of Delaware.
- Preference will be given to those enrolled in the First State School or any of its branches before or at the time the health-related issue occurred.
- Past awardees are eligible to apply.
- Documentation must be provided by the applicant’s treating physician documenting the illness and its impact on the applicant’s ability to attend school.
- A statement will be required from the applicant about the experience and struggles dealing with his/her illness and what they have had to overcome.|
Award: Type and amount at the discretion of the board of directors at Delaware Community Foundation.
Contact: Application available at www.delcf.org/scholarships
For more information, contact your guidance counselor or:
Scholarships, Delaware Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1636
Wilmington, DE 19899