This post was last updated on August 23rd, 2016 at 11:34 am
Deadline: Application cycle begins November 1, 2016 and ends March 1, 2017.
Eligibility: To qualify, candidates must:
- Be African-American, Hispanic/Latino or American Indian.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident.
- Be a full-time student at a high school or accredited college, university or community college.
- Be a graduating high school senior or college freshman, sophomore, or junior intending to or already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or a chemically-related science OR intending to or already pursuing a degree in chemical technology.
- Be planning a career in the chemical sciences.
- Demonstrate high academic achievement in chemistry or science (GPA 3.0, “B” or better).
- Demonstrate financial need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA) and the Student Aid Report (SAR) form.
Award: The amount of each award depends upon the availability of funding, the number of scholarships awarded and evidence of financial need. Scholarships are renewable.
Contact: Application available at www.acs.org/scholars
American Chemical Society Scholars Program
1155 16th St., NW
Washington, DC 20036
1-800-227-5558 Ext. 6250