This post was last updated on September 20th, 2016 at 03:15 pm
Deadline: January 7, 2017 (3 p.m. EST)
- Leadership — Describe any extracurricular, work, or school-related activities. Include awards/honors or offices held.
- Community Service — Describe activities outside of school and within your community, such as church. Include awards/honors or offices held.
- Academic — Enclose a copy of your most recent transcript. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required. Describe your post-secondary education plans. Describe awards received relating to your academic achievement.
Essay topic: What should BBB of Delaware be doing to compete in today’s online world to advance our mission?
- Essay must be 500 words or less, single spaced on 8.5” x 11” page.
- All applicants must be nominated/sponsored by any employee, owner or company principal representing a BBB Accredited Business (does not have to be company principal or owner). An updated BBB Accredited Business list is available at www.bbb.org/delaware.
- This scholarship is open to students living in Delaware.
- This is not a needs-based scholarship.
- Entries should include the completed entry form and two letters of recommendation: 300 words or less on one 8.5” x 11” page, single-spaced.
- Your name must not be on any pages of the essay. This ensures that judges will see no identifying information about entrants. Essays will be judged by an independent panel selected by the BBB from business and community leaders.
Judging will use a “blind” format, meaning that personally identifiable information and the names of those involved in the situation will be removed to ensure privacy and to maintain judging objectivity.
- A copy of your most recent high school transcript is required.
- Family of BBB staff and board members are not eligible to apply.
- Retain a copy of your completed entry.
All submitted entries become the property of Better Business Bureau (BBB) and cannot be returned.
Award: Three awards, $2,500 each.