This post was last updated on September 7th, 2016 at 12:42 am
Deadline: Submit the Common Merit Application by 4:30 p.m. June 1, 2017.
- Full-time students enrolled at a Delaware college in an undergraduate or graduate program leading to teacher certification.
- High school seniors must rank in upper half of class and have a combined score of 1140 on the SAT.
- Undergraduates or graduate students must have at least a 0 cumulative GPA.
- Awards may be provided for programs of study not available in Delaware or prorated for part-time students.
- Preference is given to applicants planning to teach in a critical need area as defined by the Delaware Department of Education.
Award: $5,000 per bachelor and master degree programs. Renewable for up to three additional years. Loan forgiveness provision at a rate of one year of teaching in a Delaware public school for one year of loan.