This post was last updated on September 7th, 2016 at 01:20 am
Deadline: Submit the Common Merit Application by 4:30 p.m. June 1, 2017.
- Full-time students enrolled in an accredited program leading to certification as an RN or LPN.
- High school seniors must rank in upper half of class with at least a 2.5 cumulative, unweighted GPA.
- Undergraduates must have at least a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- Current state employees do not have to be Delaware residents and may be considered for prorated awards if enrolled part-time.
- RNs with five or more years of state service may enroll in a BSN program on a full- or part-time basis.
Award: $5,000 for bachelor degree programs and $2,500 for associate degree programs. Renewable for up to three additional years. Loan forgiveness provision at a rate of one year of employment at a state-owned hospital or clinic for one year of loan (Governor Bacon Health Center, Emily P. Bissell Hospital, Delaware Hospital for the Chronically Ill, Delaware Psychiatric Center, Delaware Veterans Home, or the Stockley Center).