This post was last updated on September 7th, 2016 at 01:21 am
Deadline: April 15, 2017
Eligibility: The Delaware School Nutrition Association (DSNA) is an organization that promotes school nutrition in Delaware. Scholarship recipients will be awarded $1,000 to be applied toward their college tuition in a Food & Nutrition-related program for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Applicant must be a current high school senior. The awarding of scholarship is contingent upon successful graduation.
- Applicant must be pursuing a college degree in a Food & Nutrition-related program at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university.
- Applicant must complete a DSNA Scholarship Application Packet which includes:
a. Completed Scholarship Application that includes student and building administrator signatures.
b. A list of school and community activities in which applicant participated.
c. Self-completed essay containing 500 words or less. Essay must be typewritten and double-spaced. Essay topic: “How do you intend to use your college degree in Food & Nutrition to have a positive impact on community wellness by the promotion of healthy eating habits and healthy lifestyles?”
- A copy of the acceptance letter from the accredited college/university in which applicant will be enrolled in the fall 2017 term.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from an academic source.
Award: A sum of $1,000, one winner for each county.
Contact: Please mail all scholarship materials to:
Andrea Solge, R.D., Supervisor
Child Nutrition Services
Eden Support Services
925 Bear-Corbitt Road
Bear, DE 19701