Deadline: Applications available after September 1, 2016. The applications will be due to the Elks Lodge nearest to the applicant’s home by December 1, 2016.
- Any high school senior. Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- College students are not eligible.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed. Permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
- Male and female students compete separately.
Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership and financial need. Must pursue a four-year degree and enroll full time at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Two first-place awards of $50,000.
- Two second-place awards of $40,000.
- Two third-place awards of $30,000.
- 14 fourth-place awards of $20,000.
- 480 runners-up awards of $4,000.
All scholarships are in the form of certificates of award conditional upon the full-time enrollment of the winner in an accredited U.S. college or university.
Contact: All applications must go through a local Elks Lodge before reaching the Elks National Foundation Office. For more information, contact your school counselor or the local Elks Lodge. To find the Elks Lodge nearest you, visit www.elks.org.