The Fresh Start Scholarship Foundation, Inc., the charitable arm of Wilmington Women in Business, Inc., awards college scholarships to women returning to college based on need, academic record and potential for success.
- Be female
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a resident of Delaware or be employed in Delaware for at least the past 12 months
- Be at least 20 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have had at least a two year break in education either after completing high school or during post-secondary (college) studies
- Be admitted to an accredited Delaware college in a two- or four-year degree program at the undergraduate level. (Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply)
- Be recommended by a social service/government agency OR college representative
- Have at least a C average if currently enrolled in college
- Certify financial need
- Submit a completed application including a personal statement
Awards: The number and amount of the scholarships will be determined annually prior to the fall semester. Scholarship funds will be paid to the college prior to the beginning of each semester. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, or national origin.
Contact: Applications for the 2017-2018 academic year will be available in February 2017 at www.freshstartscholarship.org.