This post was last updated on September 7th, 2016 at 02:00 am
Deadline: Application opens January 1, 2017. Check website for details.
Eligibility: Designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage obtain a college degree. Scholarships are available on a competitive basis to graduating high school seniors, undergraduates and graduate students. General eligibility requirements are:
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I551.
- Pursuing or plan to pursue your first undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and
- Enroll or plan to enroll full time as an undergraduate or graduate student at a U.S.-accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam. Each scholarship program has requirements, in addition to those above.
Award: HSF scholarship award amounts that range from $1,000 to $15,000. The average award is $2,500 for students attending four-year institutions and $1,250 for students attending two-year institutions.
Contact: Application available at www.hsf.net