This post was last updated on September 21st, 2016 at 01:10 pm
How to Apply
Students can apply online for most of the programs administered by
DHEO by creating a student account beginning in December, entering their
anticipated enrollment for the upcoming academic year and applying for a
specific scholarship. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
is required for many of the state’s need-based grants and scholarships.
Most applications will also require you to submit additional documents
including an unofficial transcript, SAT scores and updated college
enrollment information by the scholarship deadline. Please see program
descriptions for more details.
- Create your account.
First-time applicants can set up their student account at any time by simply clicking on the “Student Account Access” link at www.delawaregoestocollege.org/pay-for-college, then selecting “Click here to
create your student account.”
- Apply and update.
- Apply for academic merit scholarships and professional incentive programs by completing the Common Merit Application.
- Apply for three private scholarships administered by DHEO.
- Submit or change your 2017-18 college enrollment information by the deadline, which is required for all state-sponsored awards.
- Submit any required supplemental materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
- Update your contact information, change your password, or check the status of your applications at any time.
Note: All communications from DHEO will be sent to the email address on your student profile. Please confirm the email address in your profile is accurate. To avoid delivery problems, please add: email@example.com to your address book or safe list.
- Read the instructions.
- List your activities.
- Write an essay.
- Verify your GPA.
- Complete the FAFSA prior to the application deadline.
- Provide other information specific to the award.