Deadline: Must meet Delaware State University’s deadlines to submit application for admission, complete the FAFSA and submit other required forms.
Eligibility: Provides tuition assistance for eligible students enrolling full-time in a degree program at DSU. Applicants must:
- Graduate from a Delaware public or nonpublic high school or from a homeschool that meets the public and nonpublic standards for high school graduates.
- Meet DSU’s Delaware residency requirements.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale, as indicated on your official high school transcript.
- Satisfy the admission standards of DSU.
- Not have been convicted of a felony.
- Enroll full time no later than the fall semester immediately after your high school graduation.
- Complete the FAFSA annually by March 15, apply for all appropriate forms of financial aid for which you are eligible and accept all such financial assistance offered or awarded, except for loans.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.75 GPA and successfully complete a minimum of 24 credit hours each year to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- Complete 10 hours of community service, as defined by the institution, each semester at DSU.
Award: Provides tuition assistance, up to a maximum of $3,000 a year. Other financial aid received is deducted from total tuition costs. Does not cover books, fees or other related expenses. Recipients must reapply annually.