This post was last updated on September 7th, 2016 at 04:42 pm
Financial assistance for professional development
Critical Need Scholarship
Deadline: 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 6, 2017, for fall 2017; 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 9, 2017, for spring 2017.
- Full-time employees of a Delaware public or charter school who teach on a valid Emergency Certificate in a critical need area as defined by the Delaware Department of Education.
- Delaware Higher Education Office will reimburse teachers for all or part of tuition and the registration fee paid for up to three credits/term (fall and spring) of coursework that will enable them to achieve Standard Certification.
- Eligible teachers are those who hold an Emergency Certificate from the Delaware Department of Education and teach in a critical need area at a Delaware public school or charter school.
- Recipients must complete course with a 2.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Delaware residency is not required.
- Can attend any regionally accredited college.
Award: Reimbursement for up to the cost of three credits per term (fall and spring semesters). If demand exceeds available funding, awards will be prorated.
Contact: School district or charter school of employment.