This post was last updated on September 6th, 2016 at 11:44 pm
Deadline: April 15, 2017
Eligibility: Merit-based and need-based scholarships are awarded to deserving Latino high school graduating seniors, undergraduate students and graduate students who demonstrate both significant motivation and aptitude for a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics. U.S. citizenship is not required for SHPE general scholarships. Applicants must:
- Be of Hispanic descent.
- Be accepted into or attending an accredited two– or four-year college or university in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Be enrolled full time during the academic year.
- Be graduating from an accredited U.S. high school with a diploma, if you are a high school graduating senior.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for high school seniors and undergraduates; 3.0 for graduate students.
- Be a SHPE member.
- Major in science, technology, engineering, mathematics or a related field.
Award: $1,000 to $3,000.
Contact: Application available at www.shpe.org/scholarships