This post was last updated on August 23rd, 2016 at 07:34 pm
Deadline: The application period will open in the fall of 2016. The 2017 scholarship winners will be informed in March 2017. Recognizes and rewards students who have made a significant impact in the fight against hunger in the United States.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (kindergarten through graduate school) in the United States and be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Must have demonstrated continuing commitment to your community by performing unpaid volunteer services to reduce hunger in the United States within the past 12 months. Services performed must help non-family members.
- Must obtain a Community Service Recommendation from a non-family member
Scholarships must be used for tuition and related fees, books, supplies and equipment required for courses at an accredited postsecondary education institution.
- Up to five national scholarship recipients will receive a $5,000 scholarship and a $5,000 grant will be made in their name to the hunger-related charity of their choice in their local community. If recipient is not enrolled in an institution of higher education, a contribution of $5,000 will be made to a qualified 529 Plan established by that student’s family in lieu of the scholarship.
- Up to 20 regional honorees will receive a $1,000 grant made in their name to the hunger-related charity of their choice in their local community.
Contact: Application available at www.sodexofoundation.org. For information regarding the scholarship program, contact ISTS by email at email@example.com or call 615-320-3149. When emailing or calling, indicate that you are inquiring about the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships, a program of Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation.