This post was last updated on August 23rd, 2016 at 07:40 pm
Deadline: Various, check website for details.
Eligibility: TMCF provides scholarships to eligible students attending public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominately Black Institutions (PBIs). The awards are merit based. Applicants, however, must have a financial need to qualify and meet the following criteria:
- Attend one of the 47 TMCF-member schools.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I551.
- Apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be recommended by a faculty or staff member of their current school.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and service experience.
Award: Average awards are $2,200 per student per semester and restricted for payment of tuition, on-campus room and board, books and fees. Recipients must reapply annually for renewal.
Contact: Application available at website, tmcf.org/our-scholarships